Hofbrauhaus Cleveland: The Transformation of Cleveland's historic Hermit Club and construction of an addition to house the Bierhalle and brewery.
Background: The Hofbrauhaus originated on Munich, Bavaria, in 1592, and moved to its current restaurant and brewery in 1897. Construction of the Bierhalle at Hofbrauhaus Cleveland began at 1550 Chester Avenue, in Cleveland's theater district on April 9, 2014 and opened to the public on October 9. In addition to the Bierhalle which seats approximately 440, and the Biergarten with a capacity of 1,000 (weather permitting), there are 3 dining rooms with capacities of 30, 60 and 170.
Project Scope: Document the construction of the new Bierhalle and renovation of the former Hermit Club.