Board of Education Administration Building Project Details
BOE Building - The renovation, restoration and repurposing of the Cleveland Board of Education Building into Cleveland's first Drury Hotel. January 2015 to present.
Background: Cleveland's Board of Education Administration Building was opened on the Cleveland Mall in 1930, as part of the Group Plan of 1903. Mayor Tom Johnson established the Group Plan Commission in order to address the need for larger, modern public buildings to house municipal, county and federal offices. The city engaged Architect Daniel Burnham, the mastermind behind the 1893 Columbian Exposition, Arnold W. Brunner, and John M. Carrère to develop a master plan, in keeping with the City Beautiful movement.
Project Scope: Document the renovation and restoration of the BOE Building, and the repurposing of the property into Drury Hotel.